Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Next Big Thing

As I mentioned in the weekend blog, this is a special edition. Some authors have banded together in order to let folks in on a bit about their writing life and the next book they have in the works.
I was tagged in The Next Big Thing by fellow writer Elaine Raco Chase (https://www.facebook.com/elaineracochase), who writes terrific women's fiction and erotica. I’m instructed to tell you all about my next book by answering these questions and then to tag other authors about their Next Big Thing. So here I go!

What is the working title of your next book?

Silent Prey

Where did the idea come from for the book?

I was kicking around ideas during my writer meetings even during the writing of Winter Prey. One of the members mentioned La Llorona "lay yoh-ROY-nah", an evil Spanish creature. When she lived, her love betrayed her and she drowned her babies. Now she's cursed to walk along rivers weeping and searching for her babies. But I've adapted this idea and made mine different and to fit my story. My monster's name is Nenegean (one who frightens children), and the story takes place in winter in Northern Minnesota. 

What genre does your book fall under?

I call it paranormal suspense.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

Jensen Ackles who plays Dean Winchester in the TV show Supernatural could definitely be Keoman. Dilshad Vadsaria would work great for Channing.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

When a reborne monster steals Native American babies in the Northland winter, can Keoman and Channing find them before they die?

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

Self-published. I haven't used an agent since 2000.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

This one isn't finished yet. I did about a quarter of it, then decided to finish Dead Man Hand first. It usually takes me about four months to write a book, once I dig in, so it will be early spring when I finish this one.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

Well, I'm sort of a cross-genre author, so the most similar book is Winter Prey. The books coming out of this path in m writing stem from real legengs of monsters and wounded protagonists.

Who or What inspired you to write this book?

My paranormal suspense books grew out of some encounters I had with evil entities during my ghost hunting.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

There's a wounded Native American male protagonist to die for, and a female protagonist who's running from her own tragic background. It takes a lot for them to learn to work together as they search for the babies.

Here are some lovely authors I’ve tagged to tell you about their Next Big Thing!

Pam McCutcheon/Parker Blue (www.facebook.com/parkerblue) has three identities. She writes zany romantic comedy as Pam McCuthcheon. As Parker Blue, she's the author of the Demon Underground Series, edgy  urban fantasy that spans the gap between YA and adult fiction and includes Fang Me from Belle Books. She also writes fantasy short stories as Pamela Luzier. Busy lady! J
Sharry Michels/Christine Michels (http://christinemichels.com/posts/blog/) is as multitalented as Pam. As Christine Michels, she writes both futuristic and western romance, as well as romantic suspense. Her books are all available as ebooks, and I have it on good authority that she's working on some new books! J

Hope you enjoy this special edition and find some good reads for when you are stretched out on the couch groaning from all the good food.
Boo!
T. M. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...